Sunday, November 30, 2014

Finish the Race and Complete the Task


Acts 20:22-24: And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Is that our focus as believers? Are we concerned only with finishing the race and completing the task that Jesus has given us? We know that in this world we are going to have trouble. Jesus assured us of this just as the Holy Spirit warned Paul. But we can rejoice! The work that is being done is that of helping people make the transition from eternal damnation to eternal life with God. And in this, we are compelled to rejoice, understanding that the hardship that’s associated with it is nothing compared to what is to come both for us and for those who believe. So I want to encourage us to focus on fulfilling our calling. Let’s do what the Lord has uniquely designed each of us to do.

God bless you as you pursue God, pursue your calling, and as people are drawn to Christ when you lift Him up and share the good news of God’s amazing grace.

Hebrews 12:1-3: Since we have such a huge crowd of men of faith watching us from the grandstands, let us strip off anything that slows us down or holds us back, and especially those sins that wrap themselves so tightly around our feet and trip us up; and let us run with patience the particular race that God has set before us. Keep your eyes on Jesus, our leader and instructor. He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterwards; and now he sits in the place of honor by the throne of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment