Monday, June 29, 2015

Loving Others

Yesterday I was at my old job. I worked at a church. I got to be in the presence of many who loved me…former co-workers and members of the congregation. I hadn’t seen many of them for a very long time and it was a rich experience. Loving. Mutual appreciation. Laughter. Hugs. Stories. It was wonderful.

When I was driving away, I was thanking the Lord for how loving that time was. It made me think about what the Word says about how we are to be in loving relationship with each other.

Live in true devotion to one another, loving each other as sisters and brothers. Be first to honor others by putting them first. (Romans 12:10)

So I give you a new command: Love each other deeply and fully. Remember the ways that I have loved you, and demonstrate your love for others in those same ways. Everyone will know you as My followers if you demonstrate your love to others. (John 13:34&35)

So support one another. Keep building each other up as you have been doing. (1Thessalonians 5:11)

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)

Shoulder each other’s burdens, and then you will live as the law of the Anointed teaches us. (Galatians 6:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment