Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent - HOPE...Further Scriptures to Meditate Upon

“Many are saying of me, ‘God will not deliver him.’ ‘Selah’ But You are a shield around me, O LORD; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head.  To the LORD I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill. ‘Selah’ I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.  I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.” Psalm 3:2-6

“You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety.  You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor.” Job 11:8&19

 
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 Peter 1:3-5

“When they had brought these kings to Joshua, he summoned all the men of Israel and said to the army commanders who had come with him, ‘Come here and put your feet on the necks of these kings.’ So they came forward and placed their feet on their necks. Joshua said to them, ‘Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the LORD will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.’” Joshua 10:24&25



Don't forget to visit us on Facebook and post your thoughts during this series.  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Simply-Christian/370033686432368

No comments:

Post a Comment