Sunday, December 8, 2013

Advent Week #2 - PEACE

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

How sweet are these words from our Savior! Sometimes I am just moved by His tenderness and knowledge of us.  It makes sense because He created us…but I still marvel at times. He knows we are prone to fret over the matters of this life so He sent The Advocate (His Holy Spirit) to reside within us as our source of peace. And He spoke these precious words for us to treasure in our heart.
Jesus is the Prince of Peace. One of the very names of God is Yahweh Shalom – The Lord is Peace. We are in very good hands when He who is the very embodiment of peace assures us that we need not let our hearts be troubled and that He will give us His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment