Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Knowing God


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46:10)

The Lord tells us that we are to be still and know that He is God. Let’s explore what that means.

Be still, and know that I am the Creator – mighty and strong

Be still, and know that I am Provider

Be still, and know that I am Healer

Be still, and know that I am the One who makes you holy

Be still, and know that I am your Peace

Be still, and know that I am There (I’m with you)

Be still, and know that I am Everlasting

Be still, and know that I am the One who sees

Be still, and know that I am your Righteousness

Be still, and know that I am the Promise Keeper

Be still, and know that I am the Giver of all good things

Be still, and know that I am your Defender

Be still, and know that I am your Savior

Be still, and know that I am your Protector

Be still, and know that I am your Shield and your very great Reward

Be still, and know that I am your Deliverer

Be still, and know that I am the One who loves you with an everlasting love

In Exodus 3:14a - God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” God is communicating that He is self-existent, self-sufficient, and in fact, all-sufficient. He is the “inexhaustible fountain of being and bliss” according to Matthew Henry. He is unchangeable, true, and faithful to all His promises. He is all that we need and invites us to be still, and rest in the knowledge that He is who He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment