Thursday, October 30, 2014

Trust


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”  Proverbs 3:5&6

In December of last year we talked about resolving to trust the Lord. In March we revisited the idea. Today we will do so again.

Trust.  Whew! As I sit here in the midst of a very challenging season of life, I am very aware of the importance of trust.

Trusting in God allows me to have hope in the midst of tragedy. Trusting in God helps me to expect great things! Trusting in God lets me know that what is happening right now is no surprise to Him and He is working on my behalf. Trusting God helps to inform my perspective and attitude toward my current circumstances and the resources God has used to bring these circumstances about. Because I see this trying season as something that is working for my good, it helps me not to hold resentment toward the agents of this season – those who have contributed to stresses, pain, or pressure. I can see this season as one in which the Father can move on my behalf to help me grow. A time where I am being allowed to grow in godliness, to purge the ugliness, and to learn how to gracefully nurture the spiritual fruit of longsuffering as I’m being given the opportunity to trust God for a considerable length of time while not seeing the evidence of His promises.

Some of you know well about that! I have heard from and know women who have prayed for their husband to come to Christ for over 10 years! And now they rejoice because God gave them what they prayed for – what He desired. But they had to be persistent, knowing that God is to be trusted, but waiting on His timing. Faithful in prayer. Trusting.

So how are you doing? How’s your trust been this year? Don’t give up even if you’ve been waiting a while to see the promises of God come to pass. He’s trust worthy.

Anyone who trusts in him will never be disgraced. - Romans 10:11

No comments:

Post a Comment