Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day

Happy Father’s Day to all of the fathers out there! All of you who have not just been a part of creating a life, but actually invested in the life of your child – thank you. To those who have adopted or fostered, worked with youth or otherwise made it your business to invest in the lives of the next generation – thank you!

Some of us have grown up with a father who was nothing short of superman in our eyes - others of us have not. Either way, we learn in the scriptures that we all have a Father who loves us eternally and unconditionally. God the Father, our Maker, has proven that He loves us and assures us that He is always with us….strengthening us and providing for us.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Jeremiah 31:3b - I have loved you with an everlasting love…

Deuteronomy 31:6b - …He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Tommy Walker made this song famous:

I have a Maker.
He formed my heart.
Before even time began
my life was in His hands.

He knows my name.
He knows my every thought.
He sees each tear that falls
and hears me when I call.

I have a Father,
He calls me His own.
He'll never leave me
no matter where I go.

Even if you do not have an earthly father to celebrate today, you may celebrate the fact that you are cherished and adored by your heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment