Thursday, June 5, 2014

Who Are You?


These are a few of my favorite things…

My relationship with Christ

Quality time with loved ones

Diamonds

Boxing

Stand-up comedy and laughing really hard

Dominoes (the game; not the pizza)

Cheese

Weight-lifting

This is me. Sometimes my love for cheese negatively impacts my love for lifting. Sometimes I don’t get the time I want with loved ones. I have diamonds but I’m very open to having more. I love watching boxing and I truly enjoy kickboxing, (not too keen on the idea of actually sparring though). Laughing is one of the best things in the world! I could play dominoes every day of my life for the rest of my life. And it is my joy to be in a loving relationship with the Lord, to study His word, and to have the privilege of sharing His word with others. This is me. This is who I am. Pretty simple.  

What about you? We each have been perfectly designed by God. He has taken time to gently craft us: our eye color, our smile, every hair on our head, our heart... He made us in His own image; we are spiritual beings in our nature. But who we are is also shaped by “nurture”, which can be our parents, our circumstances, teachers and other people of influence, where we live, etc. Both nature and nurture conspire to make us who we are. Each of us has our talents, our quirks, our preferences, our aptitudes and none of us are exactly alike.

What I’d like you to remember is that you have been designed by a wonderful Creator. We talked a few days ago about choosing confidence. This is related. We can have confidence in Christ but also I’d like to see us appreciate who we are and how we are because of the Lord’s hand in our lives.

So embrace who you are in Him…be you. Let go of what is not from Him…be you. Take note of your favorite things as this will give you an insight into the true you, and just be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment