Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Choosing Friendship


A couple of days ago we talked about the benefits of laughter. I started to think about the many things we can choose in life, that bring great benefits. Free things! So over the next few days, we will explore some of those things. These won’t be lengthy devotionals, just light and breezy and (hopefully) encouraging. Today let’s talk FRIENDSHIP.

Great friendships are among my top 5 must-haves in life. My life is so much better because of the awesome men and women that the Lord has brought into my life. These friends have encourage me, walked with me through great tragedy, celebrated accomplishments and victories, cried when I cried, laughed when I laughed, partnered with me in important endeavors and silly shenanigans, and just loved me endlessly. Friendship is one of those things that, if you invest wisely, the return is off the charts!

This is some of what the word says about friendships:

Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12a Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.

My prayer today is that you would choose (deep, transparent, fun, loving, giving, enduring, strong, and supportive) FRIENDHIPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment