Monday, November 25, 2013

Just As I Am - verse 3

Just as I am, though tossed about with many a conflict, many a doubt, fightings and fears within, without, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Conflict, doubt, fightings, and fears: all of these exist not only in our environment – among friends and family, at work, at school - but within ourselves.
"What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.” James 4:1

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.”         Romans 7:15

The beautiful thing is that we can come to the Lamb of God in our state of conflict, in our unrest, with our doubts and fears. Just as we are, we may come.

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6&7

No comments:

Post a Comment