Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just As I Am - verses 4&5

Today we look at two verses…

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind; sight, riches, healing of the mind, yea, all I need in thee to find, O Lamb of God, I come, I come. Just as I am, thou wilt receive, wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve; because thy promise I believe, O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Again the boiled down message of these verses is “Just as I am Lord, I come”. Whether poor or rich; in confusion or sobriety, in darkness or with clarity - in whatever state we find ourselves, not only may we come to God but we MUST come to Him. When all is well, we come. When circumstances are bleak, we come. And when we come to Him, He receives us… He receives us and He welcomes us. But not only that! He also forgives and purifies us. He gives us rest from that which burdens us. And He does all of this because we have put our faith in Him.

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. John 6:37
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul. Psalm 23:2&3a

No comments:

Post a Comment